Two held for allegedly stopping traffic to allow bike convoy to pass


PORT DICKSON: Police have detained two suspects who allegedly stopped traffic to allow a convoy of high-powered motorcycles to pass through a traffic light junction near here on Sunday.

Port Dickson OCPD Supt Aidi Sham Mohamed said police also seized two superbikes and helmets from the suspects.

The duo were arrested here at Bandar Springhill early this morning.

One of the suspects worked as an assistant in a legal firm while the other was a factory supervisor.

The traffic light was red when the suspects allowed the convoy to pass through.

"We are still looking for four others who were captured directing and stopping traffic in a clip that went viral on Sunday," Supt Aidi Sham said in a statement today.




In the viral 70-second clip, several individuals could be seen stopping and directing vehicles at the Sua Betong traffic light junction.

The motorcyclists were heading towards Bulatan Sunggala in Telok Kemang from the Seremban-Port Dickson Highway.

Supt Aidi Sham had said previously that traffic can only be stopped or diverted when a police officer is present.

The case is being probed under Section 21 of the Police Act and Section 79(2) of the Road Transport Act 1987.

Under Section 21 of the Police Act, offenders can be fined up to RM200 or up to three months' imprisonment, or both, upon conviction.

Those convicted under Section 79(2) of the Road Transport Act can be fined up to RM300.

Supt Aidi Sham said those with information on the incident can call the district police station at 06-647 2222.
Tags
Autos News